The Town has partnered with the Toronto Region Conservation Authority (TRCA) and Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) to extend the services provided in the Tree Seedling Program! Some of these programs include free site visits and technical support, cost subsidies, a customized planting plan and hand or machine planting services.
Please note that these services are intended for larger (2 or more acres) property owners. If interested, please contact your respective conservation authority.
Not sure which conservation authority serves you?
If you are interested in the Toronto Region Conservation Authority or the Credit Valley Conservation tree planting programs, refer to the maps below to see which conservation authority serves you:
- Toronto Region Conservation Authority (TRCA)- Humber and Etobicoke Watershed Map
2. Credit Valley Conservation (CVC)- The Credit River Watershed Map
- You must possess a minimum of 2 acres of land
- Minimum order of 1500 seedlings
- 20 cents per seedling installed with Trees Ontario subsidy applied
- You must own a minimum of 2 acres of land
- Minimum order of 100 potted plants
- About $6.50 – 7.00 per plant with average TRM subsidy of 70%
3. Direct Sale
- You must own a minimum of 1 acre of land
- Minimum order of 20 potted plants (2 gallon containers)
- Over 30 varieties of potted trees and shrubs
- For seedling orders - minimum 100 seedlings (50 per species)
Along with the planting services listed above, the CVC also offers services in the ares of Meadow/Prairie, Invasive Species Control and Wildlife Habitat Structures:
TRCA Private Land Tree Planting Program
Program 1: TRCA Planting Services
- Delivery and installation of plant stock and materials
Experienced planting staff to complete your project efficiently and carefully,
generally within one day
- Inexpensive tree and shrub planting services including machine planting of seedlings
Program 2: Native Plant Materials (supply only)
- TRCA staff will provide plant materials for you to plant on your property.
Who is eligible to participate?
Landowners with a minimum of 0.8 hectares (2 acres) of land on a single
property within the TRCA's jurisdiction
to the Managed Forest Tax Incentive Program
(Must be minimum of 9.88 acres of forested property to participate).