Red Maple (Acer Rubrum)
Potted saplings. 60 - 90 cm height**. 2 gallon**. Price per tree.
**Please note the 90cm - 120cm 1 gallon red maples are sold out, and the remaining inventory are 60 - 90cm in height with a 2 gallon pot size (1 gallon larger) and are being offered at the same price.
The red maple is a medium-sized tree that can grow up to 25 metres tall, with a trunk that's 60 centimetres in diameter. Its leaves are 5 to 15 centimetres long, light green on top and paler underneath. SOURCE: Government of Ontario
- Moisture: Grows best in moist soil, but can tolerate different moisture levels
- Shade: Tolerates some shade
- Soil: Grows in a variety of soils
- Extra water/care needed for red maples, as they take longer than other plants to get established after transplanting from pot to soil, depending on where they are planted. If in the correct planting location, survival will be greater.
- Red maples should be planted away from livestock, as they can be toxic to horses (both the leaves and wood used for bedding)